The Eye of The World

The Eye of The World

Friday, February 26, 2010

The Mistress of the Art of Death

At first when I only just began to read the book, I thought it was one of the most amazing books I had ever read. Yes, the writing style was marvelous. Actually, in truth it was truly in all honesty superb and the even vocabulary use was amazing- just by reading the book I had found most of my vocabulary words for my vocabulary goals. And not only had that but the writing style really fit the type that I had always liked. It wasn’t too complex so I didn’t need to die of my brain imploding but it wasn’t preschool easy either. Actually I had to go back and reread some parts even but somehow even though I had to go through the book more than once it was written in a way that I went back to read for emphasize and not for clarification (confusing, ha?). The author is just one of those types of author that can craft brilliant plots with intricate details and great writing. I have to say, reading this book has now made me an avid fan of the author (and I’m only 1/6 of the way into the book). Even though I haven’t gotten far, I’m really in love with this book. It’s like a mixture of CSI and historical nonfiction but not gouge my eyes out boring. Also the author is able to craft suspense beautifully into the plot that it made me latched onto the edges of the pages like a leech. I had to pry myself from the sheets of thin paper in fear of paper cuts before I finally let the book down. Overall, this is a really interesting book that I have very high hopes for. I can’t wait to read what’s next. Even now, my mind is filled with images of rolling hills and murdered bodies as I contemplate what will happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment